The latest Windows 10 October 2018 update is the hot pick of the industry. Opposite to expectations this updated is being discussed over the internet because of its negative impacts instead of its benefits.
Windows 10 October 2018 update resulted in data loss: There are many discussion threads you could check on Windows Central, Microsoft’s support forum or Reddit kinds forums, where people have posted their venom experience with Windows 10 update deleting their personal data permanently from the hard drive or moving it to another derives from its actual location.
Many other forums and groups are overloaded with a similar type of discussions. If you too are a window 10 user who has recently updated his window, you probably have faced some issue and you are quite fortunate if you haven’t experienced any issue.
Some main reported issues with Windows 10 October 2018 updates are:
- The problem in downloading & installing the update.
- The update failed with error 0x800F0922 error.
- The update deleting files from hard drives.
- The Update Media Creation Tool problems.
- The update corrupted ISO problems.
- ‘The update isn’t applicable to your computer’ error.
If you are struggling to install windows 10 update but encountering any of these problems, we understand how irritating it could be.
The recent and wired problem reported by users is “The Windows 10 October 2018 update deleting the files from the hard drive”.
As compare to other update issues, this is a worrying development and this article is dedicated to scrutinizing & fixing this problem.
“The Windows 10 October 2018 update deleting the files”- The Problem Explained.
Along with other drawbacks of Windows 10 new update, one more got recently added and it’s a nasty one, involving the permanent loss of user data.
First, we need to understand what exactly this means. Many users have reported that they remained awestruck when found many files/folders and other sorts of data (including media files) deleted from their hard drive post installation of window 10 updates.
Some people mentioned that they discovered few files from some other drive on their computer but this recovery was only 10-205 of what total they had lost in the update.
A big pile of complaints was from those who were quite unfortunate and lost much of their data and couldn’t recover it back even when they tried to roll-back the update.
There is a complaint in the Microsoft’s support forum and it’s worth mentioning because one user encountered really worse scenario, where he lost 220GB of files (over two decades worth) after he finished the Windows 10 October 2018 update installation.
The user was advised to roll back the update installed, which he did but nothing availed, he completely lost all his data.
Some folks reported they combed their drives after they got window 10 update hit and recovered lost data from the ‘Windows.old’ directory.
Troubleshooting Windows 10 October 2018 update deleting files- The solution Explained
Microsoft spokesperson has officially acknowledged that the company is aware of the “Windows 10 October 2018 update deleting files” issue reported by many users and Company is “actively investigating” the issue and soon will announce some fix for this problem.
For time being there is nothing to be counted as a concrete solution suggested by the Microsoft.
Considering all the discussion we suggest you choose one of the following options to secure yourself:
1) Wait for official Announcement: The official Window 10 October 2018 Update hasn’t begun – People are little curious and installing this upgrade manually. We suggest you wait until it rollouts officially and hopefully Microsoft will come with some concrete solution for this problem.
2) Backup Backup Backup: If you can’t hold your horses and want to install the windows 10 October 2018 update. Consider taking backup of your entire data, especially that you can’t afford to lose anyway. To be double insured take 2-3 backups may be one on any cloud storage another or any pen drive.
We hope you won’t get hit by this or any other snags with the big update. We are all eyes on this update and will keep publishing the relevant information to help our readers. Stay tuned with us to learn more on Windows 10 October 2018 update.