This article, “How to get incoming webhook URL for a channel in MS Teams?” will help you in configuring the Incoming Webhook for a channel and getting its URL link to use in the Sendto MSTeams plugin.
Configure Incoming Webhook for a channel.
1. Open MS Teams, select “Channel,” and then click on More options (…) and choose Connectors.
2. A pop-up window will come up. Select All from the Category section in the left pane, find Incoming Webhook, and click Add button to add Incoming Webhook.
3. Another window will pop up. Click on the Install button.
Branding the connector and copying the URL.
1. After configuring the Incoming Webhooks connector, we now need to brand it.
2. Give it a Name, and you may change the image (Optional) and click on Create button.
3. Final step is to copy the URL and click on the Done button.
This URL, we will provide in Connectwise Automate ->System->Users & Contacts -> System Contacts. Create a Contact named Default Sendto MSTeams. Open it and click on Sendto MSTeams tab-> Incoming Webhook field.
How do I get URLs for already configured Incoming Webhooks?
If you forget to copy the URL of Incoming Webhooks of a Channel, you get it by following the simple steps given below.
a. Select Channel and click the more options (…) button.
b. Click on connectors.
c. Following window will pop up.
d. By Default, All Category (Left Pane) is selected. Make sure you select the Configured link (highlighted in yellow) from the Left pane.
e. Now, the window on the right pane has refreshed and shown only the configured connectors.
f. Under Incoming Webhook, click on the Configured link and select Manage. There you can copy the URL for your existing connector(s). see screenshot.